Friday, August 04, 2006

You are dead to me

You are not who you believe you are. Do you like the same things you did last week? Last year? Five years ago? 10? 20? Who you think you are is only an illusion. You have changed, moved on, left the other person you were for dead. I consider this to part of Death - every time I meet someone that I haven't seen in a bit, they are partially dead to me, since the person I knew is gone in the streams of time. But there is a new person, a person who knew the person I knew, and we have that to talk about. You are that new person, but even you have a different type of Death about you...

I consider Death to be a percentage rather than an on/off switch. And Death is more than just the physical Death or the time based Death from above, it is also a mental process. How much Death have you let into your life? About which things do you say "I'm too old for that."? Since you are not getting younger, once you say that you are too old, you are saying that you will never do that again. Ever. That action is dead to you. Hence, I say, you have left a little Death into your life. The more things you do this for, the closer to 100% dead you become.

Live! Do things! This type of Death is supposed to be a motivator. It is not an end to be feared, but a motivation to do things before the clock runs out. A call to live your life, rather than sit around saying that you are too old for stuff.

That is the funny thing about Death, the more you do the less Death you have in your life, but also the more dead you are to your oldself and people that oldself knew. So, Death is like freedom, the more you use it, the more free you are, but the more free you are, the less you are like you used to be and the less you are like the people you left behind.

So, it is your choice: hold tightly to the life you lead unchangingly and die inside, or become dead to those you know right now to become fully alive!

The Edward
Life, the brief pause between Oblivion and Eternity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Top website, I hadn't come across edwardarcane.blogspot.com earlier in my searches!
Continue the great work!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I have a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at www.blogger.com.

Can I use some of the information from this blog post right above if I provide a link back to this website?

Thanks,
Peter

The Edward said...

Hi Peter,

Sure, go for it.

The Edward

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am definitely delighted to discover this. great job!