Friday, September 15, 2006

What? (Part 6)

Part 6 indeed. You thought that Part 5 was the final one just because I said so? You were correct to believe me. I have your back! There were just a few lose ends I wanted to clean up here. And besides, I'm sure part 5 was the final part for some people. I'm sure I will have more to say about this topic in the future, but for now, let's get to this blog entry.

I'm different. You know it. Search your thoughts and you will see that you probably thought I was odd when we first met. Why? Because I wasn't the same. Lack of peer pressure in my life. But is is more than that... I act like a clown, I wear bright colors, I believe things no normal person would, I separate flamboyant from gay (never understood why people think because a guy likes to be flamboyant that he also likes to suck cock - trust me, one doesn't imply the other - at least if the person is "alive") - I live over-the-top in strange ways.

A long time ago, I read a book on influence. I knew that the techniques worked, I just didn't know why. Kind of like the female orgasm. At the time, I had a few other friends who were into influence. We would notice others trying to use it and whether it worked or not; we would get quite a chuckle out of it. Amateurs. Of all of us, I was recognized as the master, because I could unduly influence anyone in the group as well as the normals. Sure, it was fun, but I thought it was more funny. So many stories about this topic...

There was this conservative couple that we knew. I thought of something funny - I told these manipulators that it would be funny to manipulate this couple into having me film them have sex and have them believe it was their own idea! (Of course, as any expert of influence will tell you, the best way to manipulate someone is make them think it was their own idea.) I didn't really believe I could do it, since I at that time thought people had freewill, I just thought it was a funny idea based on the situation and the beliefs of the group I hung with. I was surprised when others told me that they thought I could do it. That was a very shocking idea to me - to use influence to convince someone into doing something that they would normally find abhorrent. As a concept it was funny, but as an actual possible reality, I was not amused. I really only considered influence for simple things, things no one would really care about. Kind of like they say about hypnosis: while under one will never do something one wouldn't normally do. But, these people were telling me that they not only that this could be done, but that I had the ability to do it.

I never did try. I do not keep in touch with any of those people any more, so there is no need to fear that you are one of the people on either side of this story. I took a look around at my life at that time and realized some of the things I had done without really thinking about it. And, because of what I saw, I backed out of society, I became a shut-in. I realized it was too easy to influence people. It was almost like everyone around me was a ghost and I was a strong wind. Very scary to feel that way.

So, if you know me now, know that I go out of my way not to influence people. Really. I'm sure you have noticed me trying sometimes, and you must have thought to yourself (or some people have even said out loud), "I see you trying to do that, I will not be swayed by your mind tricks!" I know. By making it obvious, it has no power. But, it can alert people to tricks others might try. I made it my mission in life to bring people to a higher state. So, I try to move people not with influence but with over-the-top dialog that I hope will get people thinking about things. Even pussy.

When I started writing this whole thing (back when I was not to tired), I had this paragraph as a summary, enjoy:
The question for me is: What do I do now that I know I have this power? But more importantly, the question for you: Why am I telling you this? That, my friend, is a question I will never answer.

Though, it looks like in my tired state, I have inadvertently answered all of my questions, and left no mysteries for you. Now you know why I blog and why I do what I do. It is all for you! :)

The Edward

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I don't know. I guess my upbringing as a tomboy (my mom wanted me to be a boy and Oops! I came out a girl), I never learned all the manipulative little/big tricks that females have at their fingertips. I find manipulating people tiring and that I have much more important things to do. Really the only people you could say I "manipulated" were my students, autistic kiddos, and now the parents of my clients. But it's not really manipulation. More like - here's the info and it's up to you to either follow thru, take it and run, or let it drop. When I used to go out with my group of friends, I would watch men and women trying to play their games. I never really understood the need for games. So you are attracted to someone. Just let them know. Games are a waste of time. (Foreplay isn't, but that's a different story.)I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't influence or manipulate people on a concious level, but because I am a strong-willed person, I tend to have people sucked into my wake and I am surprised everytime I turn around to see them there. Example: I had to get a general physical so I could play soccer in college. Dad worked for McD's then and they had a free clinic type deal at one of their conference places. So I went and there was a boatload of people taking advantage of free health care. Anyhoo, I go thru all the tables (weight, blood pressure, etc) and finally end up at the prick your finger table. There's a family with their small obnoxious kid screaming NO at the top of his lungs repeatedly. The father looks over at what appears to him a calm teenager (me). He says to his kid, "look, watch the nice lady, she's not screaming." I leaned over and said "not a good idea, I'm worse than your kid". He was taken aback and moved himself so his kid couldn't see me. I wasn't offended by that. I was offended that he thought he could use me as a role model for his dumbass child. I tell ya, the people I find in my wake. UGH.