Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Make with the funny

Well, after posting the other post, the one from long ago, I realized that it might give off the wrong impression. Maybe it contained a little too much truthiness. That, or I wasn't in a funny mood when I wrote it. That, or it was all a pack of lies, filled with a lot of dark, dark humour; humour so intensely dark that it appears to not be funny, but sad and depressing. Either way, at the time I wrote it, it meant something to me, probably something deep and personal, I would guess. Now... I can not say. As we all know, the person who wrote that is dead to me. I am a new person! That, and as I learned on this week's Metalocalypse, true humour comes from hate, so the funnier someone is, the more they must really be filled with hate. Though, since I am not filled with hate, but with the rather large meal I just ate (and the box of Krispy Kreme donuts I use to drown the inner voices of sorrow), I guess my powers of humour are an illusion or just in my mind. Or it just has to rhyme with hate (like "ate"). (or mate) (or date) (or copulate) (or sex)

Which leads me to the title of this blog. I guess I am too full of it and too tired to be funny, and reading the previous post (the next one in sequence from this one) was kind of a bummer. So, to overcome the major downer of the other post, I will have to go over the top with this one, though, by this point, it doesn't seem like I will, since I have already wasted two paragraphs and this really long run-on sentence, which doesn't seem to want to end itself until now.

Hmmm... over the top... So, I was banging this chick the other day. Okay, that is all I know of Andrew Dice Clay's routine, but I hear the people are liking his comic stylings. (This is still the 80's, right?) So, this man walked into a bar, and said "Ouch!". I guess I do not do well with the standard jokes. Let me try something else.

It's amazing! It is wonderful! People will kill themselves to be the first on their block to own it! Whole herds of buffalo will sit down and dine on ostrich livers until they puke just for the chance to say that they heard of it! Whole countries will buy shovels and move the very earth itself just to have their country closer to the place of its inception! Pickles will have sex with women! Well, that last one really doesn't have anything to do with it, just something I was looking at on my screen at the time. Ah, food. Ah, pussy. Ah, Non-Aristotelian Systems and General Semantics.

Well, I think I pretty much covered all of the things I have posted about in the past. So, now I am done with this meta post. Though, I never meta a post I didn't like... :P

The Edward

No comments: