Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Spank me a new one

Sure, I have some interesting topics, ones I've worked on for a while (though by worked on, I mean "have plagued my thoughts, keeping me awake at night, until I scribble down some of it on scraps of paper that I search for in the middle of the night so that the voice in my head will shut up about it"), but I do not feel like exploring those topics right now. As a matter of fact, when it came time to write down something, the only thing I could think of was the title. No idea where that came from, and no idea what it means. It was just a random set of words that buzzed around until I typed them in the Title area. And all of this, hard to believe it is all unplanned, just like most people's first child. "We were just typing away all night long, and the next thing we knew, she was pregnant. Maybe if we hadn't typed so fast, I wouldn't have spilled white-out all over the inside of the keyboard. We will definitely have to use a glove the next time we type, even though I can not feel the keys with a glove on. Those keys feel oh so good on the tips of my bare naked fingers... Screw it, let's just type bareback and take our chances!"

I just watched this week's South Park. It had its moments. The funniest part, in my opinion, was the The Hardly Boys who were, get this, a parody of The Hardy Boys! They mostly stood around saying "I think I'm getting a clue. Yes, it is a raging clue. It is pointing this way. All this talk is giving me a clue too. This is the hardest clue I've every had. I was getting a clue like every minute. I had so much clue that I almost got clue juice all over John." I never knew the Hardy Boys were so clueful. And of course, it got me thinking, one can use most any word and say it the right way, and people will read sexual innuendo into it. Well, okay, I always knew that, which is why almost all of my posts are like that - I think it to be very funny, because it says to me how much the human world is about sex. Though, that is one of those other Future Posts that have been in my head poking through. (Though, now that I think about it, I have to look through my 91 previous posts to see if I already have one called "I once knew this lesbian.")

Amazing how much one can write without saying anything. The question is: how much can people read without reading anything? Actually, that makes no sense whatsoever. The real question is: Is it better to write random crap than nothing at all? Will Others read random crap, or will they skim once they see the topic, totally missing all of the hidden in-jokes? I already know the answer to that one... maybe I will write about it some day...

The Edward

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Damn. I just read your random crap and now I feel like I have less brain cells for more important stuff.

Just kidding. I love random crap, it's usually more interesting than planned out informative knowledgeable writing. Random implies nuggets are to be found.

Yes, making the totally innocuous word sexual. What fun!! We used to do that all the time when we went out in my infamous party times. We used to make it a drinking game. See who can make a word sound the dirtiest and all others have to drink if the worder was successful. That and Thumper, Quarters, What the Fuck, and darts.

Sigh.

Samantha said...

Sorry, here are some belated birthday wishes. My social skills are lacking and sorry that I missed the huge cue you gave us.

Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday tooooo yoooouuuu
How Old Are You Now?
You Say It's Yer Birthday
and all those other b'day songs or verses!!!!

The Edward said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I said I was going to do a steak for my birthday, and I did a steak for my birthday. A fun time was had by all. And if you had had a steak on my birthday (I do not know if you did or didn't), it would have been like you were virtually at my party!

Thank you for your kinds words - I'm glad you got a nugget out of something that I wrote. Or, at least I hope that you got a nugget out of it.

MXC does a good job with the sexual innuendo - one classy show. Sadly, I never had a wild past, so I never participated in drinking games and do not know what the ones you mentioned entail. As long as everyone had a good time, that's what matters. Though, Thumper and What the Fuck do have a sexual aspect to their names, so I am kind of curious...

Samantha said...

Bssically Thumper starts out with everyone banging their hands on the table and saying after the leader (the person who won the last round) "What's the name of the game?" Thumper! "What's the object?" Get fucked!. To the beat that everyone keeps, the leader does their action (everyone decides on a action prior to the game, could be simple like picking up your drink or nodding, or the complicated route with two hands etc) and then someone else's. Players need to be watching so they see if it's their turn and you have to keep to the beat. Lots of op to mess up and drink as a result.

What the Fuck is Fuzzy Duck with bad language. Everyone is sort of in a circle and one person starts by saying "what the fuck" to the person next to them, that person can either say "what the fuck" the next person or say "fuck" to change the direction back to the person who just "what the fucked" them. It gets really fast and when you are slightly tipsy or buzzed, there are plenty of ops to mess up and drink.

Thumper could get sexual depending on people's actions they picked. What the Fuck was basically an excuse to use extreme truckdriver mouth.

Anonymous said...

See the fun games you miss out on being a teetotaler?

The Edward said...

Thank you for the description of the games. Sounds interesting, though I guess it would be more fun if one were drinking alcohol. I guess I just missed out on that facet of life. Seems that there should be other vice related games, ones that non-drinkers can do. I guess that is what they call an orgy...

Samantha said...

Well, not being a person interested in orgies, I played drinking games. And alcohol in college and the early twenties was a weakness. To make up for being so damn self-concious. A little alcohol induced courage went a long way.