Thursday, October 12, 2006

I knew this Lesbian once...

Stop me if I've said this one before... well, I guess there really is no stopping me, you can only stop yourself from reading more. But, isn't that true for most things? Kind of like "Stop me if it starts to hurt." or "I'll just put the tip in." or "Just let me slip it in for a second." or "Just one finger, then we can stop." Doctors, who can trust them?

So, this lesbian, she worked where I did, a long time ago. Or, should I say we worked together? Am I implying something by my words already? Let's find out. This was back in the day, the days when being a lesbian wasn't the hip, cool thing to be, like it was in the late 90's, early 00's). Quite the opposite, she was afraid of possible repercussions if anyone knew she was a lesbian, so she tried to hide it.

I remember when I first met her, I didn't know there were such people as lesbians (I lived a very sheltered life early on). All she would talk about was men. "Did you see that hunk of man meat walk past? Man, I would love to ride him." "Sorry, I didn't hear what you were saying, I was eyeing up that stud over there." Really, things very close to that. Besides being way over the top, the tone in her voice wasn't very convincing. So, I hope you read the previous lines in monotone with a hint of disgust.

So, what's the point? Well, since she felt no attraction to any of those men, she didn't know a non-lesbian would act in mixed company, so she had to fake it. But, she couldn't ever be convincing, because it was obvious that she lacked the actual desire by how mismatched her words and reactions were. By trying to mask who she was in a world she didn't understand, she overacted, but was unaware that she was doing this. That is why everyone who worked with her actually knew she was a lesbian, but no one had the guts to tell her that.

The Edward

No comments: