Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm here already

People seem to want to stand in the exact same spot that I am standing. If I am in a movie theatre, it seems I must pick the ideal seat, based on the crowds. Walking down the hallway at work, someone always tries to walk where I am. Looking for a snack, someone leaning against the door. Going to the grocery store late at night, the only other person in the store will be where I want to go, and if I go to some other aisle, within a minute they will want to look at exactly the same think I am pretending to look at, but they want to do it from exactly where I am standing.

Enough already! I know that this is all a simulation. And I know that I am a real person trapped in it. And I am guessing that some of the others here are real as well. And some of them want to be around me, to observe what I am observing, to stand in my shoes, etc. Like I am a celebraty in the outside world, kind of like in The Truman Show. By the way, that movie was a dead give away - you told me everything!

The Edward

No comments: