Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Shiny Toy Guns

Well, I have a bunch of other blogs in the works - ideas that need to be written about, but I thought I would share this interesting song I had heard the other day. I'm not one to watch MTV or any of the many other video channels that I get, but I happened to catch the title of one of the shows on IMF: World's Best Videos. The name sounded so arrogant, I had to check it out so that I could scoff at their lame videos that they had the gall to call the world's best! Posers.

To my surprise, I actually enjoyed quite a few of the videos that they featured from around the world! I hadn't really enjoyed a music video in years, so it was kind of refreshing. Besides the Lady Sovereign video, I really like one call Le Disko by Shiny Toy Guns. They have 2 videos for this song on video.google.com. Very impressive videos.

The problem I have is one that has haunted me since MTV - once I see a cool/weird video, I can not get that song out of my head. The images seer the music into my mind. Listening to the music doesn't do it for me - I need to see the video again in order to get it out. In the olden days, it would require many hours of fast-forwarding through hours and hours of MTV crap. But now with the internet, I was able to find the video and watch it again! So, I now only have a small part of the song running through my head! But it will never be as bad as "Why Can't I be You" by The Cure, nothing will. It took months for those jackasses to play that song again.

If you find the video and watch it, let me know what you think! (The standard one was cool, but Version 2 was the one I saw on TV, which was also very cool.)

The Edward

PS Besides the ones mentioned above, to which the videos exist online, I also liked a song by Babul Supriyo called Pyar Hua Hai Pehli Baar. Not my normal type of music, it was kind of snappy an upbeat. I haven't found the video online, maybe you will have better luck.

And of course the songs by Deathklok!

2 comments:

Madpuppy said...

The STG video was interesting. The singer's voice sounded familar, though. Have they had any albums out previous to this one?

The Edward said...

I had never heard of them before I saw the video. Which one did you see, or did you see both? I saw the one labeled v2 first, which I thought was a very interesting video. When I did an online search, I found the original video, (the one with the women strangling men) and thought it had something special to say.

The song I haven't been able to get out of my head this week is by Queens of the Stone Age, a song called Mosquito. I bought the CD a while ago, and ripped it to iTunes, but didn't like the first track so I never listened beyond it. Turns out that the last "hidden" track was amazing. I should look for a video for it, or something to stop the infernal song in my head.