Sunday, September 02, 2007

Close Call

I have been living in fear that past few weeks. Fear! It is a quaint little city in California, kind of nice actually. No, that's not true, it was something else...

See, since I left the "working world", I have become kind of a shut-in. The kind of shut-in that goes out to movies and dinners and hangs out with friends, but still, a shut-in. Because of this, I am blissfully unaware of the news, and that is how I missed the story that lead to my fear!

Britney Spears with no pants! She decided to go out for a walk in only boots and a t-shirt. From what I read, no underwear either. Now sure, I am all for chicks not wearing underwear. And no pants is kind of a bonus. So actually, I have no problem with this news story, just that I didn't know about it when it happened. :(

The others news story that I missed out on - a place that I ate was the epicenter for a breakout of a contagious disease! 4,000 people probably affected! And I was there when it happened! I can not stress enough - WASH YOUR HANDS WHEN YOU FINISH USING THE BATHROOM. If she had done this, there wouldn't have been an epidemic. Really. That's all it took.

When my credit card bill arrived the other day, I saw that the date of my eating there was the day after all of this went down. I thought I was there the day of. Whew. Though, I had little to worry about, since I wash my hands enough for the both of us... and probably a few other people too.

All of this lead to my reading up on a dreaded disease, so I will not have to worry about it any more. Let me share a little with you.

Most people do not know this, but hypothermia is a contagious and deadly disease. If someone you are near catches it, chances are that you will catch it to. Avoid people suffering from these warning signs:

Slowing of pace, drowsiness, fatigue
Stumbling
Thickness of Speech
Amnesia
Irrationality, poor judgment
Hallucinations
Loss of perceptual contact with environment
Blueness of skin
Dilation of pupils
Decreased heart and respiration
Stupor
Death

I hope that by me sharing this with you, you too can avoid the close call that I had with a dreadful human disease.

The Edward

2 comments:

Madpuppy said...

OK- I'm not sure I understand this post. Are you saying someone was the center of a hypothermia outbreak? Are you sure you know what hypothermia is? Or is there some joke hidden in there that I don't get?

The Edward said...

Does anyone really understand anyone else's blog post?  All I'm saying is that I think hypothermia is a misunderstood disease.  I copied the list of features of the disease from the actual hypothermia website (really), though they do not officially recognize it as a disease.  Hypocrites!

All I'm saying is that if someone close to you exhibits any of the symptoms, run for your life!

That, and everyone should wash their hands after visiting a bathroom!  No matter what!  Maybe we can prevent future epidemics of contagious diseases!  4,000 people affected because someone didn't wash her hands... The story made CNN!