Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ideas

I have blog ideas all day long, the problem seems to be that I do not have a means of writing them down when I think of them. Most are very complex, winding through various ideas I want to express - those are the ones I seem to forgot and regret that I have forgotten them. They are like dreams, very clear when going on, but so easy to forget once that have passed. I try to recreate that state when I am writing, to bring you into my world to see what I saw when I had those thoughts, which is another reason I write late at night when I am half asleep. I seem to think of what I consider to be my most interesting blog ideas when I have been up for less than an hour in the morning. This probably explains a lot about the topics/ideas.

Looking over other people's blogs, I feel that I am seeing a part of their lives - what they care about, what happened to them that day, etc. If I know the person, I find those posts interesting. It is like I am keeping up on what is going on in their lives. It also allows everyone to keep up with what is going on, rather than having to send the same email to all of ones friends.

For my blog, I do not know how it is perceived, but I do not think it gives people an insight into my daily life. I hope it gives people something to think about, a new way to view the world, or a view into my view of the world, or a view into my view of what I believe to be their world. I know, kind of arrogant, but everyone wants to make their mark on the world - mine I hope to be in the thoughts of humans for generations to come. Something so appealing to me to have something exist without physical form - to leave a mark on the world without leaving an actual mark.

I really need to find a way to capture the ideas that I have throughout the day, for at the time that they happen, I really enjoy exploring them. At that time, they are as clear as crystal to me and it might be easier for me to bring you into my world if I wrote my blogs at that time or had a better capture method. As it is, I sometimes write as a person who has been to a far away land and am trying to describe it from memory, so I have to spice it up a bit to make it interesting. But wouldn't it be cooler to read a blog while I am trapped in that thought? I think it would, at least for me of the future, since I go back over my blog posts every few months. And I do find most of them funny even if others do not. As long as I am enjoying myself. ;)

The Edward

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I find writing down my ideas helps. Not the entire idea coz I don't have that kind of time until blogtime, but the pertinent words that will bring back what I was thinking at the time. It helps for the majority of the time, but I have to admit, the more complex and beautiful the idea, my laterness can be not so complete as when the idea was "fresh". Just a tip, post-its and notebooks and scraps do for me.

The Edward said...

Actually, I do write down what I believe to be enough key words at the time that I think of the idea. I have 2 of them in my Palm right now: Perfect Aim and Now What. The problem is, I do not remember the context now! :) At the time it seemed self evident what those phrases meant. :( Though, there were 3 others that made enough sense to me later that I could recapture most of my thinking at the time. I have a memory stick voice recorder, so I could actually say the ideas, but that seems silly.... though I do often call my home phone to leave myself a message with key words in it, so maybe I should start carrying it around with me...

Samantha said...

I think you should, saves writing time you don't have. My co-worker leaves herself msgs on her home phone. Seems to work