Monday, July 13, 2009

Hello Stranger

I was reading something the other day, something that I have heard many times throughout my life: The Universe is not only stranger than we imagine, but stranger than we can imagine. Then I thought about it... am I not part of this Universe? Doesn't that imply something about me?

The one thing I like about that quote is that it fits nicely with my World View. Or Universe View. Why is it that Humans assume that they can understand the Universe? Can dogs understand our World? Give enough time, would they understand our Science? What makes us believe that we have the mental facilities to understand the Science of the Universe?

If an Alien lands tomorrow, I doubt we could understand their Science, even if we have all the Time in the World. Our Belief about the Universe and its rules... shocking!

The Edward

No comments: